On-Site Manager for 12-unit apartment complex
Open Position: On-Site Manager for 12-unit apartment complex
Job Site: Whittaker Neighborhood, Eugene OR
Compensation: A rent-free one-bedroom unfurnished unit with free on-site parking for up to two standard-sized vehicles, in exchange for 8-10 hours per week of on-site manager duties. Paid Utilities: Electricity, water, sewer, trash & recycling, and internet access. Hourly compensation at a rate of $16.25 per hour for any tasks requested and completed outside of my standard scope of work, such as unit-turn cleaning, minor painting projects, etc.
Supervisor: Property Manager/Asset Manager
DevNW is committed to creating a diverse workforce to strengthen our organization and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent that our employees invest in their work helps shape the culture here at DevNW.
TO APPLY, please submit resume to with subject line ‘On-Site Manager’. Position open until filled, with preference given for materials received by February 12, 2021.
Purpose of Position: The Polk Street On Site Manager is responsible for the daily live-in oversight of a 12-unit affordable housing complex located in the Whittaker Neighborhood for youth who have aged out of the foster care system.
- Be available to answer tenants’ questions during regularly scheduled office hours
- Be the first line of communication between residents, DevNW, and community partners as needed
- Respond appropriately and as soon as possible to any reported emergency
- Responding within 24 hours to tenant phone messages, written maintenance requests, and email messages
- Contact Property Manager if tenants or their guests are violating lease terms, or if concerns arise about tenant relations or health.
- Report any and all violations to Property Manager.
- Collect rents/payments and issue receipts for rent/payments.
- Serve/post notices upon request of Property Manager.
- Respond to lockouts.
- Meet/schedule vendors as needed.
- Help ensure a safe and healthy environment by working to keep property free of trash, debris, etc.
- Regularly walk property to assess condition and address issues as needed in a proactive and timely manner.
- Sweep common areas, including walkways and stairs on a daily basis as needed.
- Keep walkways and stairs free of leaves and snow.
- Sand all stairs, walkways and around dumpsters during freezing weather.
- Remove and dispose of sand when weather improves.
- Water yards/landscaping as needed
- Clean laundry room
- Conduct light maintenance as needed, such as unclog drains/toilets, install smoke alarm batteries, and change locks after move-outs
- Be available to attend Fair Housing and Landlord Tenant trainings upon request.
- Be available for organization-wide and supervisory meetings upon request.
- Tech equipment needed to complete required job assingments/tasks will be provided by DevNW.
- Strong communication skills
- Be able to climb stairs and ladder
- Be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Complete administrative tasks, such as fill out timesheet
- Clean criminal background check
- At least 1 year of experience with a combination of the following:
- Property management or equivalent experience
- Working with at risk populations
- General maintenance experience
Other requirements include:
- Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle and insurance coverage.
- Ability to use a computer, keyboard and associated software for accounting, word processing, spreadsheets, databases, email and calendar/scheduling programs.
- Completing a criminal background check prior to being hired, the results of which are satisfactory to the employer.
- Ability to work some evening and weekend hours as needed.
We strive to hire a workforce representative of the communities we serve. Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every one of the qualifications listed. In recruiting for our team, we are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job and welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of education, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
If you meet key qualifications for the job, and believe you would be the best fit, we would encourage you to apply; please use your cover letter or introduction email to explain how you will accomplish parts of the job for which you have less experience. If you are unsure whether you meet the qualifications of this position, please feel free to contact us.