Accounts Payable Clerk
Job Status: Full Time, Non-exempt
Job Site: Lane County Office
Job Salary: Salary commensurate with experience /annually $32,240-$39,000
Supervisor: Staff Accountant
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every one of the qualifications listed. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. If you meet key qualifications for the job, and believe you would be the best fit, we would encourage you to apply; please use your cover letter to explain how you will accomplish parts of the job for which you have less experience. If you are unsure whether you meet the qualifications of this position, please feel free to contact us.
Purpose of Position:
DevNW is a non-profit organization with a mission to collaboratively build human and capital assets to strengthen neighborhoods and broaden participation in community ownership and governance. The Accounts Payable Clerk is a key position within the organization, responsible for day-to-day accounting; working directly with the Staff Accountant and closely with the Controller, Operations Management and other DevNW staff.
Accounting - Manage day-to-day accounting activities for the organization, including its programs, properties, and housing development projects, in accordance with organizational financial policies and industry standards. These duties include, but are not limited to:
- Accounts payable - Review and post high volume disbursements to the general ledger. Calculate, post business transactions, process invoices, verify financial data for use in maintaining accounts payable records, and provide other clerical support necessary to pay the obligations of the organization
- Clarify any questionable invoice items, prices or receiving signatures
- Obtain proper information and/or data regarding invoice payments
- Assemble invoices to be completed for payment
- Verify and calculate all extensions and totals on invoices (calculating and taking discounts when applicable)
- Review invoices and requisitions for satisfactory payment approval
- Check vendor files for any previous payments and assign voucher numbers
- Maintain copies of vouchers, invoices or correspondence necessary for files
- Scan invoices, organize data and attach to specific transactions in accounting software
- Prepare vouchers listing invoice number, date, vendor address, item description, amounts and coding per accounting policies and procedures
- Banking – Collect checks mailed to the Springfield office. Scan weekly paper checks to appropriate on line bank account, prepare weekly deposit for other bank account activity
- Other specific projects as assigned or developed
Required knowledge, skills, and experience include:
- Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and skills is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required knowledge and skills would be:
- An Associate’s degree.
- Two years of related work experience.
- Experience in an accounting department preferred but not required.
- Good interpersonal communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain a cooperative and team-oriented working relationship with a wide range of people, such as other employees, and professionals from financial institutions, public and private funders, and regulatory agencies.
- Proficient in Excel, Word and Outlook.
Other requirements include:
- Ability to use a computer, keyboard, and associated software for accounting, word processing, spreadsheets, databases, email and calendar/scheduling programs.
- Completing a criminal background check and credit report prior to being hired, the results of which are satisfactory to the employer.
Benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance; a deferred compensation retirement plan that includes an employer match (eligibility for the plan begins after one year of employment); and paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays. DevNW is committed to the professional growth of all employees and provides excellent annual training opportunities.
To Apply: An application consists of a resume, cover letter and a list of three references. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please send this completed package to with the subject line “Accounts Payable Clerk”. Positions will be open until filled, but resumes received by June 22, 2020 will be given priority.
DevNW is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified persons are encouraged to apply. Applications for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
DevNW values diversity and supports a positive, welcoming environment where all of our employees can thrive. We strive to hire a workforce representative of the communities we serve, understanding a diverse workforce strengthens our organization.