Customer Service Support Specialist
Job Status: Part Time Non-Exempt, 20 hours per week to be determined upon hire
Job Site: Lane County, with occasional travel
Job Salary: Salary commensurate with experience ($28,000 - $34,000 per year); Benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance; a deferred compensation retirement plan that includes an employer match (eligibility for the plan begins after one year of employment); and paid vacation, sick leave and holidays. |
Supervisor: Operations Manager
Bilingual English/Spanish Preferred
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every one of the qualifications listed. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. If you meet key qualifications for the job, and believe you would be the best fit, we would encourage you to apply; please use your cover letter to explain how you will accomplish parts of the job for which you have less experience. If you are unsure whether you meet the qualifications of this position, please feel free to contact us.
Purpose of Position
This position is part of the team responsible for organizing and coordinating high-level service delivery of functions to support organization operations. This position is the first point of contact for clients, community partners, visitors and program staff. This position requires the ability to effectively manage multiple, often times competing, requests to ensure that all programs run smoothly, are effectively communicated to all stakeholders and are responsive to client needs. This position is crossed-trained in all of our service areas and supports our mission by maintaining a pleasant, inviting, efficiently run workplace for staff and clients.
- First point of contact for all phone calls and walk-in traffic to assist prospective clients and partners in understanding and navigating our services
- Process client documents, enroll clients in classes, schedule appointments with counselors
- Provide support for special projects, new and upcoming programs, or other initiatives within the organization
- Compile accurate client files
- Promote and maintain effective relationships with community partners and staff
- Frequent use of office technology, including: data entry into online databases, scanning and uploading documents
- Other specific projects as assigned or developed
Requirements (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and skills is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required knowledge and skills would be:
- An Associate’s degree.
- Two years of related work experience.
- Exceptional ability to track a high volume of cases, deadlines and details
- Experience working in a constantly changing environment and the ability to learn quickly
- Experience taking, recording and tracking payments for various program areas
- Willingness and ability to adapt quickly as program needs evolve; must thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to remain calm and professional while working with clients under stressful circumstances
- Exceptional organization and both written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Independent problem-solving skills; ability to identify issues and creative, feasible solutions
- Must be proficient in basic math functions; basic knowledge of lending, credit and/or homeownership issues preferred
- Proficient in office technology, including databases, scanning, faxing, etc.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to travel in Marion, Lane, Benton, Linn, Lincoln and Clackamas County using own transportation
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends and evenings as program delivery dictates
- Ability to work independently within a flexible work structure and to contribute as a valuable member of an integrated team
- Notary Public helpful, but not required
The position will be open until filled; preference will be given to applications received by 5:00 p.m., March 17, 2020. Please no phone calls.
To apply, submit a complete application which consists of a cover letter that describes your interest, how your education and experience prepare you for this position and a resume. Applications should be emailed to: with the subject line: Customer Service Support Specialist.
DevNW is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified persons are encouraged to apply. Applications for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
DevNW values diversity and supports a positive, welcoming environment where all of our employees can thrive. We strive to hire a workforce representative of the communities we serve, understanding a diverse workforce strengthens our organization.