Program Support Specialist
Job Status: Full Time Non-Exempt
Job Site: Lane County Homeownership Center, with occasional travel
Job Salary: Salary commensurate with experience; $31,000-$45,800
Benefits: Medical, dental, and vision insurance; a deferred compensation retirement plan (eligibility for the plan begins after one year of employment); paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays.
Supervisor: Operations Manager
Bilingual English/Spanish Required
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every one of the qualifications listed. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. If you meet key qualifications for the job, and believe you would be the best fit, we would encourage you to apply; please use your cover letter to explain how you will accomplish parts of the job for which you have less experience. If you are unsure whether you meet the qualifications of this position, please feel free to contact us.
Purpose of Position:
The Program Support Specialist is part of the team responsible for organizing and coordinating high-level service delivery of functions to support DevNW’s operations. The Program Support team is the first point of contact for DevNW’s clients, community partners, visitors and program staff. This positions requires the ability to effectively manage multiple, often times competing, requests to ensure that all of DevNW’s programs run smoothly, are effectively communicated to all stakeholders and are responsive to client needs. The Program Support Specialist is crossed-trained in all of DevNW’s service areas and supports DevNW’s mission by maintaining a pleasant, inviting, efficiently run workplace for staff and clients.
- Answer phone, email, website and walk-in inquiries and assist prospective clients and partners in understanding our services
- Process client documents, enroll clients in classes, schedule appointments with counselors
- Work closely with program staff to provide timely and accurate case management services to clients, including contact with the clients, contact with industry partners on behalf of clients, and detailed case notes
- Provide program support for special projects, new and upcoming programs, or other initiatives within our Financial Wellness department
- Compile and maintain complete and accurate client files and statistics
- Assist with preparation and follow-up for financial literacy and asset-specific classes, including pre- and post-data entry
- Coordinate referrals and maintain quality inter-agency relationships on behalf of NEDCO and NEDCO clients
- Promote and maintain effective relationships with community partners and NEDCO staff
- Frequent use of office technology, including: data entry into online databases, scanning and uploading documents online, faxing documents to loan servicers or relevant partner agencies, etc.
- Perform general office duties, including but not limited to, maintaining adequate inventory of materials and supplies and opening/closing of office
- Other specific projects as assigned or developed
Requirements (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree preferred; relevant experience can be substituted for a degree
- Exceptional ability to track a high volume of cases, deadlines and details
- Experience working in a constantly changing environment and the ability to learn quickly
- Experience taking, recording and tracking payments for various program areas
- Willingness and ability to adapt quickly as program needs evolve; must thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to remain calm and professional while working with clients under stressful circumstances
- Exceptional organization and both written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Independent problem-solving skills; ability to identify issues and creative, feasible solutions
- Must be proficient in basic math functions; basic knowledge of lending, credit and/or homeownership issues preferred
- Proficient in office technology, including databases, scanning, faxing, etc.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to travel in Marion, Lane and Clackamas County using own transportation
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends and evenings as program delivery dictates
- Ability to work independently within a flexible work structure and to contribute as a valuable member of an integrated team
- Notary Public helpful, but not required
To apply: Send resume and cover letter describing your interest in the position and relevant experience to with the subject line, “Program Support Specialist Recruitment”.
Position will be open until filled with priority given to applications received by January 31, 2019.
DevNW is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified persons are encouraged to apply. Applications for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
DevNW values diversity and supports a positive, welcoming environment where all of our employees can thrive. We strive to hire a workforce representative of the communities we serve, understanding a diverse workforce strengthens our organization.