Job Title: Project Administrator
Job Status: Full Time, Non-Exempt
Job Site: Lane or Benton County office, Temporarily Working 2-3 days from home until at least 7/31/21 due to COVID.
Pay Range: Salary commensurate with experience ($42,000 - $63,300) plus, Benefits
Supervisor: Director of Real Estate Development
DevNW is committed to creating a diverse workforce to strengthen our organization and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent that our employees invest in their work helps shape the culture here at DevNW.
We strive to hire a workforce representative of the communities we serve. Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every one of the qualifications listed. In recruiting for our team, we are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job and welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of education, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
If you meet key qualifications for the job, and believe you would be the best fit, we would encourage you to apply; please use your cover letter or introduction email to explain how you will accomplish parts of the job for which you have less experience. If you are unsure whether you meet the qualifications of this position, please feel free to contact us.
Organization: DevNW is a regional nonprofit community development organization and member of the NeighborWorks® Network. We have offices in Springfield, Corvallis, Salem, and Oregon City, Oregon, and serve a six-county area with a mission to build vibrant communities by empowering individuals, families, small businesses, and neighborhoods. We provide a range of programs and services that create affordable housing; promote economic stability and opportunities for low-income people; and build thriving, inclusive neighborhoods. DevNW is dedicated to deconstructing the racist and discriminatory systems that have led to vast inequalities in housing, asset/wealth building, and small business development in our communities.
Purpose of Position: The Project Administrator is responsible for providing administrative office support to the Real Estate Development team to help complete the key process steps required to build affordable housing, including funding applications, land use applications, and financial closings. The Project Administrator will track and ensure completion of a project's critical activities and milestone dates, keep various contributors (both inside and outside the real estate development team) on track and organized toward key deadlines, and anticipate problems/issues that may arise and suggesting course corrections. You will collaborate with the real estate development team, other DevNW teams that interact with RE Dev, and external partners, ensuring excellent organization, clear communication, and smooth processes. While your job duties may fluctuate day to day, here are some areas we expect to be a regular part of the job:
- Oversee project and application calendars and process steps, clearly communicating benchmarks and deadlines, and ensuring completion on schedule;
- Create and manage comprehensive electronic files and documentation, including managing shared files for multiple projects/applications running concurrently, any one of which can include hundreds of individual files contributed by 20+ partners;
- Communicate with internal and external members of the project team to ensure accurate understanding of deliverables, check on progress, send reminders, gather signatures, etc.;
- Develop a thorough knowledge of typical documents associated with real estate development project phases and funding applications, in order to understand the context of the documents and key partners, in order to anticipate next steps and make efficient progress toward completion;
- Ensure that applications (for funding, land use, etc.) are submitted completely and on time, with the highest quality possible;
- Learn to navigate and manage online application portals and databases across multiple jurisdictions and funding sources;
- Process confidential and critical information on a routine basis with discretion;
- Prepares project files for submission and archiving, including Office and Jobsite
- Other specific projects as assigned or developed
Required knowledge, skills, and experience include:
- Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail, commitment to accuracy, and adherence to deadlines;
- Significant experience with project management, process management, and/or document management;
- Excellent interpersonal communication, writing, and problem-solving skills, including the ability to gracefully-but-firmly nag team members who are pushing deadlines;
- Ability to juggle multiple fast-paced, complex projects on tight timelines, including sophisticated prioritization and time-management skills;
- Ability to learn and adapt to new and different computer programs and software systems to enable efficient uploading and submission of applications and supporting documents;
- Problem-solving skills, both independently and as an integrated member of a team;
- Ability to develop and maintain a cooperative and team-oriented working relationship with a wide range of people, such as other employees, and professionals from contracting firms, financial institutions, public and private funders, City and County staff, and regulatory agencies;
- Solid understanding of project flow;
- Takes initiative; helps in other areas as needed; special projects as requested
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and skills is qualifying. A typical way to demonstrate the required knowledge and skills would be:
- Bachelor's degree plus 2-5 years of experience;
- Associate’s degree plus 4+ years of experience in a project coordinator role or equivalent administrative experience;
- 5+ years of experience in construction management, environmental engineering, architecture
- Or the equivalent combination of education experience to meet the job requirements.
Other requirements include:
- Ability to use a computer, keyboard, and associated software, word processing, spreadsheets, databases, email and calendar/scheduling programs, Zoom, navigating electronic files, etc.
- Completing a criminal background check prior to being hired, the results of which are satisfactory to the employer.
- Team player & positive (can-do) attitude a MUST
- Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle and insurance coverage.
- Able to take direction and work independently while executing tasks on schedule
- Effectively prioritize and adapt in a fast- paced office environment with high expectations for accurate deliverables
- Marketing/graphic design skills a plus
- Understanding of or direct experience with legal and/or real estate documents strongly preferred
Benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance; a deferred compensation retirement plan that includes an employer match (eligibility for the plan begins after one year of employment); and paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays. DevNW is committed to the professional growth of all employees and provides excellent annual training opportunities.
To Apply: please submit a resume to with subject line ‘Project Administrator’. Position open until filled with priority given to applications received by August 2, 2021.